A seasoned and successful executive with a demonstrated track record of leading the delivery and application of innovative technology to enable improved quality, safety, ease of access, and overall effectiveness of progressive healthcare services.
A strategic and innovative executive who fosters relationships and who has earned a reputation for visionary leadership, thoughtful plans, and successful execution and adoption of enterprise system implementations.
Mike has more than 30 years of experience in healthcare delivery leadership, strategic planning, health information technology, and electronic health records. He joined Lee Health in 1997, following several years in various information technology leadership positions at Baylor Healthcare System in Dallas, TX. Prior to that, he served as the Vice President of Operations for National Data Communications, a healthcare information systems company also in Dallas, where he was responsible for software and hardware development and hospital implementations.
Deep experience with overall advancement of information technology in large integrated delivery system, employing technologies from Epic, Infor, Kronos, and numerous other application vendors in the EHR, revenue cycle, ERP and managed care spaces.
Lee Health, Fort Myers, FL Chief Information Officer 1/97 – 9/18 (retired from Lee Health)
Lee Health is a regional network of four acute facilities with 1450+ licensed beds, plus a children’s hospital, rehab hospital, employed multi-specialty physician group with approximately 550 multi-specialty employed physicians, long term care and home health. Lee Health dominates the market in Southwest Florida. Lee Health has approximately 13,000+ employees, with total net revenue approaching $2 billion.
Mike was charged with overall leadership of the Lee Health’s efforts to utilize information systems, technologies, and methods for the achievement of Lee Health’s mission and strategies across all care delivery settings. He had operational responsibility for information systems/information technology, telecommunications, health information management, biomedical engineering, and diagnostic technology strategies. He served as senior executive for all IT/technology vendor relationships. Lee Health has achieved Most Wired awards five years running and has achieved HIMSS Level 6 in all hospitals, and HIMSS Level 7 in all outpatient/ambulatory settings.
– Baylor Healthcare, Dallas, TX Director 1986 – 1996
– Baylor Healthcare System (BHCS) – large integrated delivery network encompassing acute care hospitals, home health, ambulatory settings, Senior Care Centers, MSO, employed physicians, and dominant presence in managed care.
– Provided leadership to information system strategic/tactical planning and implementation for managed care (and physicians practices), Community Services (and home health), Enterprise Information Systems (clinical information/outcomes), other areas.
Other experience is available upon request.
– BBA Information Management, Dallas Baptist University, Information Management,
– Electronic Engineering
– Charter member, Leadership Baylor, a 12-month leadership development program.
– Member, Leadership Lee County
– College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME), Fellow CHIME,
past Board Member, Executive Committee Member, CHIME representative on HIMSS
Advocacy/Public Policy Steering Committee,
– Previous Faculty – CHIME CIO Boot Camp
– Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Fellow HIMSS, Past
Member Advocacy/Public Policy Steering Committee
– American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) – Fellow Status (FACHE)
– Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Member
– KLAS Enterprises – a healthcare IT industry research and consulting firm – past
Advisory Board Member
– American Hospital Association – AHA Solutions – past Board Member
– Have served on several major vendor Executive Advisory Board